NMS Healthcare of Hagerstown
Nursing Home Addition/Renovation
Garver served as the Owner’s Representative for this $8MM addition to an existing nursing home. This 25,000 addition brings the facility’s capacity from 186 to 206 and eliminates all rooms with occupancy higher than two.
- Helped negotiate construction contracts for this project that had been re-bid several times due to changing requirements and the financing process
- Finalized financing through HUD
- Oversaw construction and closeout
- Balanced the complexities of a project that started much later than all expected, and was a bit of an orphan due to its many lives prior to funding
- Avoided significant additional change orders by keeping an eye on the big picture- kept Contractor from employing extremely expensive sitework measures in the winter. By so doing saved approximately $200,000